Who are we?
Monaco Explorations: reconciling humanity and the sea
Albert II of Monaco, a committed sovereign
An initiative of the Princely Government
Monaco, a predestined place to work for the Ocean
Albert I of Monaco (1848-1922)
The navigator prince, Albert I of Monaco, pioneer of modern oceanography.
Rainier III of Monaco: a long reign (1949-2005) marked in particular by a strong commitment against the pollution of the marine environment, particularly in the Mediterranean Sea.
Rainier III of Monaco (1923-2005)
Governance, our Board of Directors
- President: H.E. Mr. Pierre DARTOUT, State Minister
- Managing Director: Robert CALCAGNO, Director General of the Oceanographic Institute – Albert I, Prince of Monaco Foundation,
- La Société Nationale de Financement, represented by Mr. Marco PICCININI, Government Counsellor – Minister of Finance and Economy,
- Mr. Bernard D’ALESSANDRI, Secretary General and Director General of the Monaco Yacht Club
- H.E. Mr. Bernard FAUTRIER, Special Counsellor of H.S.H the Sovereign Prince, in charge of environmental issues, member of the Board of Directors of the Albert II of Monaco Foundation,
- Professor Patrick RAMPAL, President of the Monaco Scientific Center,
- Mrs. Armelle ROUDAUT-LAFON, Director of Maritime Affairs,
- Mr. David TOMATIS, Consellor at H.S.H. the Sovereign Prince’s Cabinet,
- Mr. Jean-Marie VERAN, Special Advisor to the Government Counsellor – Minister of External Relations and Cooperation,
- Mr. Gilles BESSERO, former Director General at the Naval Hydrographic and Oceanographic Department, former Director of the International Hydropraphic Organization, former director of Monaco Explorations.
— Mr. Xavier PRACHE
— Mr. Didier THÉRON
— Ms. Océane GASQUY
— Ms. Flora GINOCCHIO
— Ms. Léana ROUSSEAUX